Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Roasted carrot sticks

Guys!! Guess what??  I got a new camera so this blog is up and running again!! In case you didn't know, I lost my other and searched everywhere, so I ended up getting a Canon Elph110 HS Powershot for Christmas. These pictures are beautiful, and I am already impressed with the quality!!

This first recipe is simple and very nutritious and tasty as a side dish. As I may have mentioned before, I love roasting veggies. Here is my version of roasted carrots:





Roasted carrots

Long carrots (preferably not baby carrots. I haven't tried using them, but I don't think they would taste the same.)
Olive oil
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Slice raw carrots into sticks. Place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle with about 1 Tbsp olive oil and lightly sprinkle with paprika, pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes. They taste great plain, but I've also heard they are tasty with ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment