Saturday, February 16, 2013

Creamy Avocado Pasta

As you can probably tell, lately I discovered what one of the best foods is... avocado! Here is a recipe that is a must. It is very easy to make, filling, and delicious. I apologize for some of my pics since I'm no photographer, but trust me when I say this is worth making!! From http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2012/08/creamy-avocado-pasta.html

Creamy Avocado Pasta



Ingredients
12 oz. pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
2 ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 handful fresh basil (I used the shredded prepared kind--about 1/2 Tbsp)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly grated parmesan


Directions
Set a medium-sized pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta, reduce heat slightly and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes.

In a food processor (I didn't use one and just smashed the avocado in a bowl and then combined with seasonings) mix avocado flesh, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, basil and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside in a large bowl.

Transfer cooked pasta to the bowl. Toss with avocado mixture and freshly grated parmesan. Serve with additional grated parmesan, if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment